The Used is a punk rock/emo band from Orem, Utah, United States consisting of Bert McCracken (vocals), Quinn Allman (guitar), Jeph Howard (bass) and Branden Steineckert (drums). Their self titled debut album The Used produced by Reprise Records, has so far sold nearly 200,000 copies and counting. The band later released Maybe Memories, a live album featuring the songs from their self titled album along with a DVD with many features. They released their second album In Love and Death, produced by Warner Brothers, on September 28, 2004.
Table of contents
In 1997, Quinn Allman, Jeph Howard, and Branden Steinecekert played together in hopes of becoming a band. It later came to realization that they needed a singer in order to get anywhere. Jeph then decided to switch from bass, to vocals. After playing a couple of songs, they noticed how horrible they sounded without a bassist. Jeph then switched back to bass, and they decided to host auditions in order to find the singer they wanted. What they did was have a person sing while they played a random beat. After about 50 or so auditions, Bert McCracken, a classmate at Quinn's school showed up and gave his performance. After the show, they knew that he was the one they were looking for. They decided to call him up, and asked him to join, which he did.
- Bert McCracken – Lead vocalist/Piano
- Quinn Allman – Guitar/Backup vocals
- Jeph Howard – Bass/Backup vocals
- Branden Steineckert – Drums/Backup vocals
Band didn't officially form until January, 2001.
- 2002 "A Box Full of Sharp Objects"
- 2002 "The Taste of Ink"
- 2003 "Buried Myself Alive"
- 2003 "Blue and Yellow"
- 2004 "Take It Away"
- 2005 "All That I've Got"
- 2005 "Under Pressure" (with My Chemical Romance) #41 US
- "A Box Full of Sharp Objects" from The Used (2002)
- "The Taste of Ink" from The Used (2002)
- "Buried Myself Alive" from The Used (2003)
- "Blue and Yellow" from The Used (2003)
- "Take It Away" from In Love & Death (2004)
- "All That I've Got" from In Love & Death (2005)