St. John's Cathedral, Hong Kong
Built in 1847, St. John's is a cathedral of the Anglican Communion. It is dedicated to St. John the Evangelist. During World War II the Japanese occupiers turned the cathedral into a Shinto shrine, but it reverted to its original role as a cathedral after the war. Today it is the seat of the Archbishop and Primate of Hong Kong's Anglican (Episcopal) Church.
The cathedral's weekly services are conducted mainly in English and Putonghua (Mandarin Chinese).