Transformation, or changing shape, from the Greek prefix meta-, equivalent to the English prefix trans-, and morph, meaning form.
- For metamorphosis as it applies to animals (biology) see Metamorphosis (biology)
- In geology, metamorphosis refers to the changes undergone by metamorphic rock due to geological processes.
- The Metamorphosis is a book by Franz Kafka, telling the tale of Gregor Samsa's transmogrification into a human-sized insect-like creature.
- Metamorphosis I, II and III are works of the Dutch graphics artist M. C. Escher.
- Metamorphosis (Glass) is the title of a solo piano piece by Philip Glass, later arranged for Uakti and performed by them on the album "Aguas da Amazonia".
- Metamorphosis is a synonym for shapeshifting.
- Metamorphosis is another title for Apuleius' novel The Golden Ass
- Metamorphoses is a classical text of Greek mythology by Ovid
- Metamorphosis is a 2003 album released by pop singer Hilary Duff (see Metamorphosis (Hilary Duff album)) and a 1975 compilation album by The Rolling Stones (see Metamorphosis (Rolling Stones album))
- Altsys Metamorphosis was a font conversion utility released by Altsys in the early 1990s.