A Gypsy (derived from Egyptian) may be:
- any member of any nomadic people (the term is allegedly considered derogatory), especially:
- Gypsy: A Musical Fable, a musical
- Gypsy moth
- Gypsy, a robot character from the TV series Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- Gypsy, the first modern document preparation system.
- A Trinidad and Tobago politician and calypsonian, Winston "Gypsy" Peters
A "Gypsy" is a spindle on a boat windlass designed to haul chain. It may have a groove to enable it to haul rope and chain when it is called a combined gypsy and capstan