Fresno Pacific University
Fresno Pacific University (Originally Pacific Bible Institute) was founded in 1944 by the Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. The University awarded its first Bachelor of Arts degree in 1965. A graduate program was introduced in 1975.
Table of contents
- President: D. Merrill Ewert, Ph.D. (2002-present)
- Enrollment: 900 undergraduate, 900 graduate
- Location: Fresno, CA
"Fresno Pacific University exists to prepare students for faithful and wise service through excellence in Christian higher education, and to strengthen the church and improve society through scholarship and service."
Fresno Pacific offers Bachelors degrees in 26 fields (and minors in an additional 10). Fresno Pacific Graduate School offers advanced degrees or credentials in four areas: Education, Individualized Masters of Arts, Leadership & Organizational Studies, and Peacemaking & Conflict Studies.
- The "Wittenberg Door," a special area on the board outside the B.C. Lounge for the exchange of ideas where people are free to post expressions of their views but are asked to write pieces in a charitable spirit and to include the writer's name.
- Breaded veal cutlets are called "Brillo Pads".
- All-Campus Pismo Beach Trip
- University Family Thanksgiving Meal
- Winter Formal
- Casa Pacifica Retreat
Orange and Blue