Open Hardware designers meet, discuss what they are doing and ask each other for assistance in finding parts, or seek ideas to solve design problems. OH is also an opportunity to exhibit designs, so some may learn from what others have done.
With the rise of reconfigurable logic devices, the sharing of logic designs is also a form of Open Hardware. Instead of sharing the schematics, HDL code is shared. This is different from Open Software. HDL descriptions are commonly used to set up SoC systems either in FPGAs or directly in ASIC designs. HDL modules, when distributed, are called "cores" or "IP" (intellectual property).
- Debian Open Hardware at Open Collector
- Embedded Linux/Microcontroller Project
- Freedom CPU
- Gaisler research
- Open Source Hardware Initiative.
- DebianWiki page about Open hardware.
- http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/ – The open-source EEG project
- http://fusor.net/ – Open-source fusor research
- http://www.opendildonics.org/ – Open dildonics