The Emin is a society that does research into esoteric/occult through human being development. With Emin research, emphasis is on the esoteric. Critics have called the society secretive, but it is the knowledge itself, rather, that is, by its nature, unattainable with conscious awareness, or inaccessible except by direct experience. Supporters have remained largely silent to the press, so much of the information you will find on Internet about Emin Society takes a critical viewpoint, coming from writers who are dissatisfied with some aspect of the society.
Members pay a monthly subscription and must take an oath to obey the laws of the land where they live and conduct their research.
At introductory lectures, participants are told, "do not believe what we say, take it away, check it out, try and disprove it. If you can disprove it, please tell us. What you keep, put into use, and make it your own. Book knowledge doesn't help anyone if left sitting in a dusty tomb. Living knowledge needs to be acted out: it needs to be expressed in art and science, in work and play." You will find the following disclaimer attached to many writings: "this information is to be considered entirely philosophical until proven as fact". Also, "we speak of the emin itself as distinct from the emin society, or the gemrod foundation, or the eminent way, or other names used by the organization. All aspects of the organization may change, as without change the energy becomes static, and its essence leaks away, whereas the emin is active, energetic, is a high and holy thing, that defies definition or confinement by categorization".
Emin archives read as gibberish to the untrained. "Codings" permit highly compact and efficient forms of speech for esoteric discourse, e.g.: "are you in a bucket of crabs?"
- the awareness is classified as the conscious, the semiconscious, and the unconscious. How much of you is awake? How much of you are you aware of? a small percentage only. this awareness must either grow or die.
- growth will make you uncomfortable. be pleased if it gives you a headache, as you have not been arrested in your development.
- rest is as necessary as exercise. your fuels, (coded green,yellow,blue,red,white) take time to recharge.
- in symbol and metaphor, ambiguity may transcend the accidental versus intentional; look for seven levels of meaning: check and include the personal (e.g.: is this about (or for) me or you? what does this mean to me or to you?), the impersonal (about anyone or no-one?), and the transpersonal (between/among us? with or against us? apart from us?).
- don't assume "it's all about me".
- look beyond "good versus bad", into "useful versus not-useful".
- notice the tuning fork principle.
- deconstruction of morphemes with folk etymology (and also fake etymology) has a valid influence on language that must be reckoned with. Q.why?
- A. similarities, whether homologous or analogous, place things on the same vibrational frequency; this validates the folk etymology practice of deconstructing morphemes and reconstructing them. (sound-alike is not just a humourous device, e.g.: "tickle my ass with a feather?" — what did you say? — "particularly nasty weather", as the brain will store and process these similarly).
- above is a particularly useful practice with names, e.g.: "orlin king" = "or linking".
- the four classical elements (earth,water,air,fire) are a map for the three states of matter (solids, liquids, gasses) together with electromagnetic impressions. we call these the four foods, because without each we would die.
- never trust any single person or authority as the sole source of truth and knowledge of a phenomenon. if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. people are human; no-one is infallible: anyone, including Leo, may make mistakes on their journey. the word "Respect" says to look again.
- it does not matter how we get our information; everyone is valuable and has something useful to contribute. Look beyond "who wrote it" or "who owns it", and instead look to "whether it works".
- psychic awareness is to do with electromagnetic impressions. there is nothing paranormal about clairvoyance or telepathy. If I can do it, so can you. This ability is built into the human design.
- esoteric knowledge begins with a question. the word "question" is comprised of "quest" and "ion". A quest is a search, an ion is a particle that carries a charge. But the esoteric is reflexive and so the charge cannot be answered, the answer must be demonstrated.
- it is better to ask a stupid question than to make a stupid mistake. True answers save the seeker a lot of time.. perhaps many lifetimes.
- the higher something is, the more essence it has, and the more degrees of freedom; the lower it is, the more solid, the more laws, rules, rectrictions. The high can feed the low, but the low can destroy the high.
- your aura is an occult energy field (or it may be a synesthetic abstraction of the tensegrity of one's personal space; the distinction is immaterial to its practical use) that extends in all directions from your centre (around the solar plexus) outward into space to at least as far as you can reach.. and farther. It is not strictly spherical but features bumps and gaps that outline your shape and present irregularities in your awareness/influence.
- the bubble of the aura: "everything on the outside is on the inside; but not everything on the inside is on the outside", says that some — but not all — of your thoughts and experiences, which are internal processes, are visible/detectable to others.
- to detect the aura, first improve your sensitivity and physical/mental agility with exercises and play: eg: electrobix, memory games, dance.. preferring non-competetive activities involving several participants; then look at the space above a person's head, not directly at them. look (or feel) for subtle features, changes in brightness and colour, that move with a person as they move, but remain fixed as you move around them.
- how to learn to do the inexplicable: the unconscious reinforces behaviour upon reaction (whether positive or negative); reward successes, do not react to non-successes.
debunking the occult
- all genuine phenomena are natural and compatible with the true laws of nature; any apparent discrepancy is due to a misconception/misinterpretation either of the phenomena, or of the laws.
- all knowledge is accessible to genuine research.
- in knowledge, the "occult" is simply the hidden, the unseen, the unknown, and "magic" is simply any unexplained process.
- kinds of occult: the unknown to some; the unknown to all; and the unknowable.
- occult knowledge may be categorized into the exoteric, the mesoteric, and the esoteric.
- the exoteric is obvious and accessible to all, e.g.: "2+2=4";
- the mesoteric is book knowledge, accessible to experts and academics, and is generally confined to a specific field of study, e.g.: "LDL cholesterol clogs arteries".
- the esoteric abstracts and binds all this other knowledge, is fundamental and may be arrived at only through careful comparison of the knowledge from many fields, whether obvious or occult. It is difficult to grasp or explain, e.g. "the golden ratio transcends dimensions, which is why it appears everywhere in nature". And because the esoteric is unattainable to most, it is possible to conceal it by hiding it in plain view.
- mystics study the occult through the esoteric, and through symbol and ceremony. The tarot, anagrams, and numerology are in reality each esoteric teaching systems, not systems of fortune telling.
- psychics study the occult through the art of detection. you were given an amazing and fabulous machine for this: your own mind/body 'complex'. Trust yourself, your senses, your awareness.
- with detection, emphasis is on subtle awareness and senses, and confirmation by multiple participants. Rely on what you can sense and intuit first-hand: see, hear, smell, taste, feel.