Catford Loop line
The Catford Loop line was opened by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway on 1 Jul 1892; it had been incorporated as the Shortlands and Nunhead Railway in 1889. The line provides a relief route for trains from London Victoria for the Kent coast; suburban services for Sevenoaks also use the line.
There are five stations on the route, all opened in 1892. They are as follows: The line leaves the main line at a junction to the east of Nunhead
The line joins the main line at Shortlands Junction, west of Shortlands station. The total length of the Catford Loop is almost five miles (8km).
|UK railway stations:|