An alliance can be:
- an agreement between two parties, made in order to advance common goals and to secure common interests. See also:
- Alliance is a name of several political parties:
- a New Zealand political party, the Alliance
- a Canadian political party, the Canadian Alliance
- a Northern_Ireland political party, Alliance
- the former name of the Malaysian political coalition currently known as the Barisan Nasional (National Front).
- Alliance is also the name of a number of places
- a group in the Star Fleet Universe, the General War-era Alliance
- a faction in the Warcraft Universe, the Alliance – comprised of the Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes.
- a common name for (ostensibly) democratic, "good-guy" (often, but not always) star-nations in various science fiction universes – Babylon 5's Earth Alliance, Star Wars's Rebel Alliance, Firefly's Anglo-Sino Alliance, et cetera.