- February – Roman general Julius Caesar and his ally Cleopatra VII of Egypt defeat the forces of the rival Egyptian Queen Arsinoe IV in the Battle of the Nile.
- May – Julius Caesar defeated Pharnaces II of Pontus, king of the Bosporus in the Battle of Zela. (This is the war that Caesar tersely described veni, vidi, vici.)
- Pharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt promotes her younger brother Ptolemy XIV of Egypt to co-ruler.
- June 23 – Prince Caesarion of Egypt, later Pharaoh Ptolemy XV.
- Marcus Antonius Antyllus, son of Mark Antony and Fulvia.