1667 1668 1669 – 1670 – 1671 1672 1673
| Decades: |
1640s 1650s 1660s – 1670s – 1680s 1690s 1700s
| Centuries: |
16th century – 17th century – 18th century
- January 21 – Highwayman Claude Duval is executed in Tyburn, Middlesex
- April – Pope Clement X is elected.
- May 2 – The Hudson's Bay Company is formed in England.
- May 26 – In Dover, Charles II of England and Louis XIV of France secretly sign a treaty ending hostilities between their kingdoms
- Phosphorus is discovered by Hennig Brand.
- Blaise Pascal's Pensées is posthumously published.
- England gains formal possession of Jamaica
- Les Invalides constructed by Louis XIV of France
- First French settlers in modern-day Senegal
- Rebellion of Cossacks in Ukraine crushed
- Henry Morgan captures Panama
- January 24 – William Congreve, English playwright (d. 1729)
- May 12 – King Frederick Augustus I of Poland (d. 1733)
- August 21 – James FitzJames, 1st Duke of Berwick, French military commander (d. 1734)
- December 7 – John Aislabie, English politician and director of the South Sea Company (d. 1742)