1525 1526 1527 – 1528 – 1529 1530 1531
| Decades: |
1490s 1500s 1510s – 1520s – 1530s 1540s 1550s
| Centuries: |
15th century – 16th century – 17th century
- June 19 – Battle of Landriano – A French army in Italy under Marshal St. Pol is decisively defeated.
- November 6 – Shipwrecked Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca becomes the first known European to set foot on Texas.
- Andrea Doria revolts against the French and establishes the independence of Genoa.
- Montenegro gains autonomy under Turk power.
- Maya people drive Spanish Conquistadors out of Yucatán.
- Spain takes direct control of Acapulco.
- Bubonic plague breaks out in England.
- Major outbreak of the sweating sickness in England, speads to much of the continent.
- St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle completed.
- Chateau Fontainebleau in France begun.
- Cardinal Wolsey founds a college at Ipswich.
- Michelangelo Buonarroti begins work on fortifications of Florence.
- Baldassare Castiglione publishes The Book of the Courtier.
- January 7 – Jeanne d'Albret, Queen of Navarre (d. 1572)
- April 6 – Albrecht Dürer, German artist (b. 1471)
- July 8 – Emmanuel Philibert, Duke of Savoy (d. 1580)
- Francisco Guerrero, Spanish composer (d. 1599)
- Paolo Boi, Italian chess player
- Akechi Mitsuhide, Japanese samurai and warlord (d. 1582)