1483 1484 1485 – 1486 – 1487 1488 1489
| Decades: |
1450s 1460s 1470s – 1480s – 1490s 1500s 1510s
| Centuries: |
14th century – 15th century – 16th century
- Tízoc, Aztec ruler of Tenochtitlan dies of poisoning. He is succeeded by Auitzotl.
- Matthias Corvinus organizes first hussars
- Malleus Maleficarum
- Sigismund, Archduke of Tyrol, issues Europe's first large silver coin, the guldengroschen. This coin later becomes the thaler.
- September 20 – Arthur Tudor, son of Henry VII of England (d. 1502)
- January 6 – Martin Agricola, German composer and music theorist (d. 1556)
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Indian ascetic and monk (d. 1534)
- Ludwig Senfl, Swiss composer