Events and trends
- 1336 BC – Pharaoh Akhenaton of Egypt names Smenkhkare as a co-ruler.
- 1334 BC/1333 BC – Tutankhaten becomes Pharaoh of Egypt and marries Ankhesenpaaten, daughter and wife of his predecessor Akhenaton.
- 1331 BC – Pharaoh Tutankhaten of Egypt renames himself to Tutankhamun and abandons Amarna, returning the capital to Thebes.
- 1338 BC – Queen Tiy of Egypt, Chief Queen of Amenhotep III and matriarch of the Amarna family, vanishes from the historical record. Presumed death.
- 1337 BC – Queen Nefertiti of Egypt vanishes from the historical record. Presumed death.
- 1334 BC/1333 BC – Death of Smenkhkare, Pharaoh of Egypt and co-ruler with Akhenaton.
- 1334 BC/1333 BC – Death of Akhenaton, Pharaoh of Egypt.