1077 1078 1079 – 1080 – 1081 1082 1083
| Decades: |
1050s 1060s 1070s – 1080s – 1090s 1100s 1110s
| Centuries: |
10th century – 11th century – 12th century
- William I of England, in a letter, reminds the Bishop of Rome that the King of England owes him no allegiance.
- King Alfonso VI of Castile establishes Roman liturgy in Catholic church in place of Mozarabic rite.
- Ísleifur Gissurarson, the first bishop in Iceland, dies while giving mass in Skálholt church.
- Leopold IV of Austria (d. 1141)
- Teresa of Leon, illegitimate daughter of Alfonso VI of Castile and Leon (d. 1130)
- Ísleifur Gissurarson, first bishop in Iceland